So, among my Vintage pattern scoop, I also got hold of this 1974 “Style 4409” pattern. Perfect for knit fabrics, I found some discount knit fabric at Spotlight (I think it was reduced to $2/m or something equally ridiculous!) – and decided to give it a go.
The sizings are always a little bit pot-luck with the old patterns – so i had to trim it down quite a lot by the end, and as a result the neck was a little cosy. But, again, this dress is super comfortable – the stretch fabric fits really well, and I will be making another dress with this pattern, in other fabrics for the summer – possibly a dress without the sleeves; and I might just need to make a winter version with long sleeves too!