A half finished dress… and a sewing machine away from home
As I sort through the sewing items, and pack things away, I look towards the empty space my sewing machine case usually occupies… The room feels like something is missing.
My sewing machine has gone into the repair centre, and already one item behind, I was dismayed to discover the machine will be away for 2-3 weeks – and just as the Week 26 half way mark was approaching! However, I should think about this positively. Another sewing friend during the week commented how great it would be to have a laser cutter to just cut out all the fabric patterns at once… So, here’s a list of 5 things I can do while my sewing machine is absent:
1. Digitise and upload some of the patterns people/blog followers have been requesting
2. Create new patterns ready for the remaining half of the year
3. Cut out fabric pieces ready to be sewn
4. Bake – I could do a bakeditemaweek..
5. Make cards with interfaced cut-out fabric and felts